The 2019 Adventure
Walking, hiking, eating, and healing
Oaxaca, the cradle of mole sauce, the Day of the Dead (Dia de los Muertos), warm people, and fabulous walking. We take a little bit of all things that make Oaxaca an adventurous destination and turn it into an 8-day, 7-night amazing trip.
- We start with Zapotecan history at Monte Albán.
- Then we urban hike the city of Oaxaca, stumbling upon pre-festival parties, tastes, and adventures.
- We depart Oaxaca while it dresses up for her annual party, and hit the central valleys for a meander through high desert to a tortilla workshop punctuated by carpet weaving and dyeing.
- The quiet and rural charm of the Zapotecan villages invite us for two days of hiking and healing with authentic healers, historical hikes, and a warm night of temezcal sweating and massages.
- We end our adventure celebrating the Dia de los Muertos parties in the local cemetery.
And, and don't forget, we'll dine in some of the best restaurants of Oaxaca.
October 25-November 1, 2019
All for an affordable inclusive price of $1800. Airfare not included.
Authentic. Personal. Fun.
Each time we do this trip, it improves!
Locals. When you meet them and build relationships with them, you get to know Mexico.
We use only local guides who know Oaxaca.
They speak beautiful English, too.
They grew up in Oaxaca.
We use only local Zapotecans in Mancomunados in the Sierra Madre Mountains.
We give back to their precious eco-economy.
They speak beautiful English, too. But feel free to speak Spanish.
They also grew up there.